fbpx
Burj Khalifa-Dubai-The World Tallest Building-Must Visit in Dubai-Must See in Dubai-Dubai Tours and Attractions

Burj Khalifa | Dubai | The World Tallest Building | Must visit in Dubai

What makes a building tall?  According to the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, three criteria define tall buildings.  First, its height is measured from the lowest open-air pedestrian entrance to the architectural top of the building—not including technical equipment.  Second, its height is measured from the lowest open-air pedestrian entrance to the highest continually occupied floor—not including maintenance areas.  Finally, its height is measured from the lowest open-air pedestrian entrance to the highest point of the building—including technical equipment.  (Source)  Of these three criteria, the Burj Khalifa hits them all.

The measurements and impressive world records of Burj Khalifa

The Burj Khalifa stands at 2,716.5 feet tall (that’s more than half a mile into the air), and it contains more than 160 stories.  To give you a point of reference, take the Empire State Building and stack it on top of itself.  The Burj Khalifa is still taller…by 216.5 feet.  In fact, Alain Robert (often known as the French Spiderman) climbed the building, and it took him just over six hours to summit it.  Other impressive records include; World’s highest residential apartment, World’s highest restaurant, World’s tallest elevator, World’s highest outdoor observation deck, World’s tallest free-standing structure, and World’s highest library.

Burj Khalifa-Top Attraction in Dubai

It is absolutely worth your time to visit Burj Khalifa while in Dubai.  To get to the top, you must first enter through the Dubai Mall (home to over 1500 shops).  The entrance is located on the Lower Ground Floor near the Subway (sandwich shop).  You can purchase tickets at the At the Top ticket office, but the official online site offers better deals.  In addition, you will see the many options available for touring the Burj Khalifa online.    A basic ticket (At the Top) will take you to levels 125 and 124.  If you want to head to the 148th floor, you should purchase Burj Khalifa Sky while At the Top.  Each ticket will have an entrance time, so make sure you know when you would like to ascend the building.  Tours for Americans includes the basic entrance to the Burj Khalifa with all their tours to Dubai.

Please share and tweet this:

8 Comments

1. salvador4461 on January 2, 2020 at 6:52 am

Hey, this is my first time here! Basically wanted to give you a big “thumbs up” for the wonderful info you are sharing here. I am going to be returning for more of your posts.

• TOURS FOR AMERICANS on January 2, 2020 at 7:38 am

Thanks for your comment and we are glad you like our blog. We have many more articles to come!

2. terrence40a on January 24, 2020 at 10:37 pm

I wanted to thank you for this fantastic read!! I certainly loved every little bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to look at new things you post…

3. derekreiber on February 12, 2020 at 2:36 pm

Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this website.

• TOURS FOR AMERICANS on February 12, 2020 at 5:53 pm

Thanks, we appreciate your visit to our website and please come back!

4. lizziegarcia217 on February 28, 2020 at 12:12 am

This is my first time visit at here and i am truly pleassant to read all at single place.

5. filomenapurnell on March 5, 2020 at 10:51 am

You’re so cool! I don’t think I’ve read through anything like this before. So wonderful to discover somebody with genuine thoughts on this subject. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that’s needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!

6. odessa0962 on March 8, 2020 at 12:08 pm

A friend asked me to have a look at your blog simply because she found it as being actually informative. While I was hesitant in the beginning, I don’t feel dissapointed about taking the time to stop by. You were awesome with your post and I likewise learned a lot from it. Thank you.